Spring, 1890, and England needs a hero. Gideon Smith is yet to step up to the role as public protector of the Empire, but in the background and the shadows, Mr Walsingham pulls strings to keep the often outlandish threats to Britain and her interests at bay. It is a role that lies heavy on his shoulders, and here we find him composing his end-of-year report to Queen Victoria. Business As Usual is a standalone short story that takes place some months before the events of the forthcoming steampunk/Victoriana novel from Tor Books (Snowbooks in the UK), Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl, which is published in September.
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
- Friday the 13th – Time For Steampunk Ghost Hunting September 12, 2013
- Shelley Adina’s Magnificent Devices series January 17, 2013
- Five Things a Steampunk Heroine Must Consider by Emma Jane Holloway January 3, 2014
- Revelry! Entangled by S.B.K. Burns September 21, 2013
- Bloggin’ with Annie Seaton January 7, 2013